Sunday 29 July 2012

Pink & Blue




Poor husband, returned from a nine days of summer camp with the cadets to discover one or two little projects.


I had of course visited the hardware store and bought lots of tester pots to choose a new paint colour for our bedroom.  The very act of daubing them on the wall forces a choice as you can't life with a patchwork of poorly painted blocks for longer than a few weeks.  


The final choice was "mineral mist" aka blue.  I had planned to paint my pine furniture too, but when we moved it back into the bedroom, the orange of the pine looked good with the blue and the lazy girl within me cheered.

The very girlie ornament is one which I bought
Granny for Christmas when I was about 8.

The walls also compliment one of my beautiful mugs and....


....inspired me to bring up a lamp who had been hiding on top of the bookcase in the dining room.  This lamp gives off a blue glow which is much too sad for downstairs, but just perfect in my nbr (new blue room).

As Beatrice headed off to Rascals (on our day of painting) she informed me that she thought my new room would be lovely, but not as nice as hers as it wasn't pink.....

You see....the previous week we had repainted her bedroom.  I was deeply saddened to watch the lovely sunny yellow of her nursery go...but she wanted pink and the huge smile when she saw it was worth my sacrifice.


Bea does have a picture which she printed out of a scorpion on her wardrobe door.  She loves it.  She kisses it frequently before bed.  No, I do not understand why.

When you have a new pink room, it is obligatory to hide in the wardrobe and then jump out....



So, our bedrooms have been transformed thanks to the wonder that is Dulux and we are both supremely happy with them.  However, I did notice that despite resembling her Daddy in all ways physical, Bea is starting to pick up one or two of my traits.  To demonstrate...

I love perfume

Bea loves perfume


Like mother....

...like daughter











No comments:

Post a Comment